Assistant/Associate Professor - Sustainability in Mining
The Department of Mining Engineering, in the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences at Universidad de Chile (http://minas.uchile.cl/department-of-mining-engineering/department/about) invites applications for two (2) tenure-track faculty positions at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, in the area of Sustainability in Mining. The appointment will start preferably in March 2021, or shortly after that.
Candidates must hold a PhD degree in a relevant discipline to the position by the time of appointment. Candidates for this position will be expected to conduct research which is relevant to the area of Sustainability in Mining and teach at the undergraduate and graduate level.
For details on expected candidate profiles, selection criteria, requirements, and general information, please refer to the website www.uchile.cl/concursoAcademico/, position code FM2004. Specific questions should be addressed to Prof. Willy Kracht, to the email: email@example.com.
Application deadline: November 10th, 2020, via www.uchile.cl/concursoAcademico/, position code FM2004.
Checklist of required documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of interest
- Research development plan
- Teaching commitment proposal (undergraduate, graduate)
- Copies of most relevant publications (not more than 3)
- Citation report of publications (Web of Science)
- Three (3) recommendation letters
- Copies of academic degree certificates
- Copy of doctoral certificate/letter indicating it will be received before the time of appointment
- Signed declaration indicating requirement fulfilment of points 4b, 4c and 4d of the base guidelines
Spanish fluency is not required at the time of application but is highly encouraged at the time of appointment.